The father of a man who died of a heart attack in a Melbourne train station has revealed how his son’s death was the result of an ‘accident’ that could have been avoided.
Key points:A family member tells of a “tragic accident” that could not have been preventedThe family says a man’s death has left them feeling “completely devastated”A man’s body has been moved from a hospital to the Royal Melbourne Hospital to await autopsyThe man, who died on December 15, was in the train station waiting for his daughter to pick up a friend from the station.
“I know there are people out there who are wondering, ‘Why did the train stop?'” he said.
“There’s a lot of theories floating around and people are going to ask me, ‘why did the station stop?'”
“There was no accident.
It was the fault of the driver and the driver should’ve stopped.”
The train was stopping because there was a fire alarm and the train was getting stuck.
“The man’s daughter, who works at the station, said she believed there was no “fault” to blame for the accident.”
He was just in a terrible state and there was nothing that could’ve been done about it,” she said.
The man was in a bad state and his body was taken to the hospital, but it has now been moved to the train track.
The family has launched a fundraising campaign to help with funeral costs, with one donor paying for his funeral costs and the other paying for a car for his family to drive from the train depot.”
If it was a person who was sick, there’s no reason why the train should stop,” the man’s father, who asked not to be named, said.”[There are] no holidays in my son’s family.
I don’t have a holiday with my family and he would never have been able to come back.
“The ABC understands the man had been waiting for a friend to pick him up from the railway station, but the train did not stop.
Topics:accidents,community-and-society,human-interest,travel-and_transport,death,community,travel,melbourne-3000,vic,australiaContact Alex De SilvaMore stories from Victoria